Friday 5 May 2017

Happy Birthday, My Son

The emotional bond a mother shares with her child is indescribable in words. This poem is a portray of the emotions the mother passes through every time remembering her child who is no more.


Dear Beloved Son;
Today is your birthday,
But the only feeling I have is hollowness within me.
For you hid somewhere and is nowhere to find;
I want to hold you tight, hug you and say, “Ma , is always there by your side”,
But then you are nowhere to find.

Where should I go to find you, dear?

I feel the pain in my womb every time I miss you;
My body aches, my broken bones cry aloud,
I pass through labor each time your memories within me shaken.
Yes, I remember the day of your birth still;
I had bore you in my womb for nine months,
My body gave up with the tiresome labor and I cried a lot.

Then, the moment the nurses placed you in my arms-

I saw you were the amazing art;
“My blood, my flesh and my soul”,
You were my most beautiful part.
A proudest moment of my life ever;
When I transformed from a lady to your eternal better half,
Yes, I became your mother.

You slowly grew from a single cell to a whole body-

Whose small hand could hardly cover my figures and be steady;
I watched you grow step by step and be ready.
Your talks, your mischief, your laughter, your ego,
I saw you fall and rise;
I stood there beside you but always wanted to hide,
You mumbled, you spoke.

I cherished every moment of yours-

The moment I hugged you, you filled my heart with unknown emotions;
My heart melted making way for tears in my eyes,
Deep within, you understood me and I understood you, Dear.
Societal misunderstandings were there which strained our relationships;
But deep within we both knew we had inseparable emotions,
“My blood, my flesh and my soul”.

You understood my pain then-
You understand me now;
But, can you hear me loud?
Ma wants to Please touch you again.
Feel you, hug you thousand times and kiss you hard;
Give you all my blessings,
And say, “Ma will always be by your side”.

But, I know you will never come-

I know you are back there within mine;
“My blood, my flesh and my soul”,
And, you are just fine.
The day you lay on the dying bed;
I saw myself pass through labor again,
I felt the pain again.

You clutched my figure tight this time-
You had grown up to be a young man of twenty nine;
I saw your sleepy eyes and your tiredness from life,
But, still selfishly I secretly wished you stay by my side.
Yes, my emotions were making me weak;
I didn’t want you to see me crying,
Because I knew you understood you were dying.

Your pains were more than me-
I kissed you hard;
I hugged you tight,
And my soul ripped apart.
I prayed, “Give me back my child again”;
Somewhere within a sound came, “I relive within you mother”
And not a single word I could utter.

That moment I knew you were gone back-

To the place from where you were born;
I touched your lifeless body and I touched my womb,
I felt that you are safe, in peace and back home.
Yet, I want you my child in my life, everyday;
I feel your presence within me when I cry,
But now my tears are all dry.

The moment you were born I relived a life-

And now that you are gone;
Still, I wish you Happy Birthday,
“My Blood, My Flesh, My Soul, My child”.




https://www.launchora.com/story/happy-birthday-my-son

3 comments:

  1. It's such a touching poem giving expressing to the mother and the feeling as well as the pain. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thannks vishal for the review...Regards

      Delete
  2. There is grief, there is loss , yet the hear of a mother still prays for the safety of her child , thinking he is safe and sound. Only a mother can be such a brave soul. Heart rendering poem.

    ReplyDelete